If you are looking to import a Japanese car then you are right portal because here we’ll discuss the How to Import Car From Japan to Pakistan 2020. We see that people import cars themselves without any difficulty but those who don’t know the procedure we’ll help them to understand the complete procedure to import a Japanese car by yourself. A step-by-step procedure is shared below that will surely help you to understand the procedure in a better way. All you need to do just read the complete procedure first and then try to import a Japanese car because once you know the complete procedure there will be 0% chances to get fraud.
All Japanese cars first brought into auction houses and then exported from Japan. Auctions are open to everyone and everyone can participate in placing an appropriate bid. There are many companies, having access to live auction houses and some auction houses have their own websites too. If you are new in this business then we suggest you associate with one of the companies to get rid of any fraud.
How to Buy Japanese Car from Auction for Pakistan
How to Import Car From Japan to Pakistan Step-by-Step Procedure:
- Sing up to one of the cars importing companies by entering your Name and Contact Number.
- Once you sign up you’ll have access to a page where all automobile companies are available.
- Select your desired brand of car in which are interested.
- You’ll have complete list cars in the desired brand which have selected.
- Select the desired car which wanted to import.
- Once you selected the car you’ll have complete detail of car i.e.
- Name of Auction House
- Auction Sheet
- Minimum and Maximum bid in Japanese Yen
- After checking the car’s detail, you have to deposit an initial payment of approximately 1000 USD in the prescribed company’s account (Initial payment may vary from company to company).
- After depositing the initial payment you can place your bid on your desired car.
- If you’ll fail to win the auction then the initial payment is refundable.
- Once you place a bid the company will notify you either you win the auction or not.
- If your bud wins the auction, the company will ask you to deposit the winning price along with C&F (Cost and Freight).
- The C&F charges are almost 10% of the total price of the car.
- After confirmation of deposits, the company will send you the original documents via courier before the shipment procedure.
- The original documents include:
- Original Invoice
- Original Export Certificate in Japanese
- Translated Export certificate in English
- Two copies of original B/L (Bill of lading)
- The car will reach the KPT (Karachi Port Trust) within 15 days. The delay in shipment may be caused by extreme weather conditions.
- Hire a custom agent who’ll help you in the entire process of customs clearance, passport fees, and port charges.
Above we discuss the procedure to import the vehicle from Japan to Pakistan and in the following share the basic information which is compulsory to take the custody of car under Import Policy Order and the structure of the duty and taxes. Pakistani Nationals can import old and used vehicles into Pakistan under the following 03 schemes given below:
- Personal Baggage
- Gift Scheme
- Transfer of Residence
The structure of duty and taxes for the above-mentioned schemes remains the same. Now, in the following have the complete structure of duty and taxes in US$ or equivalent amount in Pakistani Rupees.
|S. No.||Vehicles||Duty and Taxes in US$ or equivalent amount in Pak|
|01||Upto 800cc||US$ 4,800|
|02||801cc to 1000cc||US$ 6,000|
|03||From 1001cc to 1300cc||US$ 13,200|
|04||From 1301cc to 1500cc||US$ 18,590|
|05||From 1501cc to 1600cc||US$ 22,550|
|06||From 1601cc to 18cc (Excluding Jeeps)||US$ 27,940|
The details on the above points can be found via the Import of Vehicles brochure.
Vehicles more than five years old shall not be allowed to import but if you are importing second-hand car then this condition is not applicable. Now, in the following, we’ll discuss the procedure to import a car for Personal Baggage, Gift Scheme and Transfer of Residence Scheme.
For Personal Baggage:
Fill the Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 with the following documents given below. such as:
- Purchase receipt.
- Bill of Lading dated not later than 120 days from the date of arrival in Pakistan of the applicant.
- Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan Origin Card (original passport or Pakistan Origin Card required to be checked by customs at the time of clearance).
For Gift Scheme:
Fill the Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 and attach the following documents given below.
- NIC of the donee.
- Purchase receipt.
- Bill of Lading (showing name and address of consignee).
- Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan Original card.
For Transfer of Residence:
Fill the Goods Declaration under section 79 of the Customs Act, 1969 and attach following documents such as:
- Purchase receipt.
- Attested photocopy of passport or Pakistan origin Card (Original passport or Pakistan origin Card may be required to be checked by the customs at the time of clearance).
- Bill of Lading (dated not later than 120 days from date of arrival of the applicant.